The ICCC organized a special evening for the Prosecco DOC Consortium – in order to discover the variety of their products – and the Italian Ministry of Economic Develop, who is financing a promotional campaign « The Extraordinary Italian Taste », aimed at creating awareness with North American consumers about the origins of 100% “Made in Italy” food products and letting them appreciate truly authentic specialties.
More than a hundred guests enjoyed a selection of Prosecco DOC wines paired with a variety of sublime pizzas made by pizzaioli from the Fiorellino Snackbar in Montréal.
For those who could not make it, here are the ideal pairings:
Prosecco DOC Dry or Extra Dry:
– Margherita pizza (Tomato, Fior di Latte);
– Cacio e Pepe pizza (Fior di Latte, Pancetta, Black Pepper, Pecorino Romano DOP);
– Napoli pizza (Tomato, Oregano, Pickled Chili Peppers, Anchovies).
Prosecco DOC Brut:
– Mais e Cotto pizza (Prosciutto Cotto, Mais, Fontina);
– Melanzane e Zucchini (Roasted eggplant, Zucchini, Cherry Tomatoes, Mint, Garlic);
– Mortadella pizza (Mortadella Bologna IGP, Smoked Provola, Ricotta, Pistacchio, Pesto).
Make sure to use authentic Italian ingredients and toppings on your pizza….you’ll taste the difference!