Risotto con riso Delta del Po IGP con piselli e Prosciutto di Parma DOP
Risotto with Delta del Po IGP rice, peas and Prosciutto di Parma DOP
Ingredients for 4 people
1 Small onion
Unsalted butter – 60g or 4 tbsp.
Delta del Po IGP rice – 250 g or 1 c.
Hot water – 1.5 liters or 6 cups
Green peas – 75g or ½ cup
Prosciutto di Parma DOP – 6 slices
Grated Parmigiano Reggiano DOP – 100g or ½ cup
Slices of coppa piacentina – 4 slices
- Finely chop the onion.
- In a saucepan, sauté the onion with half the butter.
- Add the rice and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add a little of hot water.
- When the water is almost completely absorbed, add more water in small amounts as it is absorbed, while continually stirring the rice.
- This should last about 15 minutes, the time it takes for the rice to cook.
- When there are 2 minutes left, add the peas and the minced Prosciutto di Parma DOP
- At the end of the rice cooking time, remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the grated Parmigiano Reggiano DOP cheese and the rest of the butter.
- Dress each plate with a slice of sautéed coppa piacentina.
Passatelli di Parmigiano Regiano DOP et zucca in brodo di gallina
Passatelli with Parmigiano Reggiano DOP and squash in chicken broth
Ingredients for 6 people
Chicken broth – 1.5 liter (6 cups)
Grated Parmigiano Reggiano DOP – 100g (½ cup)
Unseasoned bread crumbs – 75g (1/3 cup)
Squash puree – 100g (½ cup)
Cornstarch – 5g (1 tbsp)
Eggs – 2 units
Ground nutmeg – 2 pinches
Start by mixing the Parmigiano Reggiano DOP, breadcrumbs, squash purée, nutmeg, cornstarch and eggs in a food processor.
Let the mixture rest for 30 minutes.
Heat the broth.
Mash the mixture using a potato masher and combine it with the passatelli into the broth. Cook for 2 minutes and drain.
Put the cooked passatelli in a deep plate and serve with broth.
Zabaglione with wine
Ingredients for 2 people
Wine (moscato, passito or marsala ) – 250 ml, 1 cup
4 Egg yokes
Sugar – 15 g, 1 tbsp
In a bowl mix the egg yolks, wine and sugar.
Whisk everything together for 45 seconds using a blender.
Continue whisking for the next 5 minutes using a double boiler to cook the zabaglione.
The zabaglione is ready when forms peaks that resemble whipped cream.
Serve immediately with fruit or cookies of your choice.